The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the ‘HR Excellence in Research‘ logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We have an opening for a Clinical Genomics Manager through the IMPaCT-Genómica project funded by the Instituto de Salud Carlos III. The project aims to establish a collaborative infrastructure for the implementation of Personalized Medicine in the Spanish Health System. The focus of this position is the implementation and coordination of CNAG-CRG’s Clinical Genomic Services, in close collaboration with the Head of the Bioinformatics Unit.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Genomics Manager include:
- Coordinate the implementation and operation of the Clinical Genomics services, taking into account quality management and legal issues.
2. Develop and supervise state-of-the-art clinical genomics analysis workflows through standard operating procedures maximising sensitivity, efficiency and quality of testing.
3. Identify bioinformatics and data interpretation needs and develop specifications
4. Analyse exome/genome data and interpret variant/gene – disease associations for the provision of diagnosis through reports for clinicians and other healthcare professionals.
5. Remain informed of developments in the medical and genetics communities with the aim of incorporating them into CNAG-CRG services
6. Interact closely with the Spanish clinical genomics community and develop networking, communication and training activities.
7. Participate in research and development projects related to clinical genomics
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative thinking individual, passionate about advances in clinical genomics.
About the team
The CNAG-CRG provides a stimulating scientific environment, contributing to breakthrough research projects in Genomics that have an impact on people’s quality of life.
The successful candidate will report to CNAG-CRG Director, Dr. Ivo Gut, and will work in close collaboration with the Bioinformatics Unit, led by Dr. Sergi Beltran. Clinical Genomics represents a growing area at CNAG-CRG and, as the demand increases, the aim is to establish a Clinical Genomics Team led by the successful candidate.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have in-depth understanding of human and biomedical genetics
• You have more than 2 years of experience in clinical analysis and interpretation of whole exome or genome sequencing data
• You have experience with the usage of online biomedical/ human genomics resources
• You have experience in the preparation of laboratory and diagnostic reports
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience as a clinical geneticist in a Diagnostic Molecular Pathology/Genetics laboratory
Education and training
- You hold a MD or PhD
- You have fluency in written and spoken English
- You have general knowledge of regulatory requirements for clinical molecular diagnostics, including ISOs
- You have the ability to interact efficiently with multiple stakeholders at an interdisciplinary level
• You have the ability to work towards both scientific and administrative purposes
• You have excellent organisational, prioritisation, management, communication and interpersonal skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration:2 years with possibility of extension.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: December 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Ivo Gut.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Ivo Gut and be submitted online through the “Apply” button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by December 3rd , 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.