Cancer Geneticist – Genetista Experto en Cáncer
Job Offer Closing: 17/07/2022
PharmaMar is a world leader company specialized in the development and commercialization of innovative anticancer drugs of marine origin. We are a multi-disciplinary team of biologists, chemists, clinicians, among many others, all working tirelessly towards one goal: to improve the healthcare outcomes of people afflicted with severe diseases.
We have an opening for a Cancer Genomics Scientist at the Biomarker & Pharmacogenomics section within our Research & Development Division. The position will be at PharmaMar´s Headquarters, located in Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, Spain.
The Biomarker & Pharmacogenomics section is involved in getting insights into the mechanism of action of novel cancer treatments and is responsible for identifying molecular biomarkers that anticipate a better response to them.
The candidate will manage biological sample processing, analyze and interpret molecular data, coordinate service providers, and write technical and scientific protocols and reports. With the section’s head’s direct supervision and in collaboration with bioinformatics, biostatisticians, oncology clinicians and other specialists, the successful candidate will participate in clinical trial- associated translational studies’ design, development and analysis, with the aim of identifying biomarkers predictors of response to anticancer drugs. In addition, she/he will give scientific support to other departments.
We are looking for highly motivated and creative individuals who are interested in innovative molecular techniques and approaches for molecular biomarker identification and the generation of new knowledge.
Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- BSc / MSc in Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, pharmacy, genetics…). PhD will be considered
- Experience in tumor somatic next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis in human clinical samples
Desired Experience or Knowledge:
- Molecular biology, genetics, genomics with 3+ years of hands-on
- Experience in germline NGS data analysis and other -omics data
- Genetic variant annotation, interpretation and classification (SNV, CNV, structural…)
- Clinical molecular diagnostics
- Public molecular and genomics data repositories and databases
- Cancer molecular basis and genomics
- Translational and/or clinical research
- Clinical statistics
- Drug development process
- Project management through service provider laboratories
- Scripting languages such as R or python
- Quality and compliance assessment on procedures and documentation
- Good reporting, presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable in an agile and collaborative interdisciplinary working environment
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of NGS data and other tumor molecular profiling techniques
- Tumor genetic variant interpretation and functional classification
- Statistical analysis of molecular results related to clinical outcomes
- Coordination and management of biological samples logistics and storage
- Oversight of service providers ensuring timelines, budget and quality
- Translational studies design, development, analysis and reporting.
- Collaborate in the writing of clinical trial protocols, informed consent forms and laboratory manuals
- Give support to other departments on biomarkers and molecular aspects of cancer
- Presentation of results, writing of internal reports and scientific communications
What we offer
- Proximity and collaboration with colleagues involved in all steps in anticancer drug discovery, from initial basic research to commercialization.
- Access to the last genomics and cancer molecular profiling technologies
- Access to hundreds of tumor samples and terabytes of genomics data
- Continuous learning and personal training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Other Benefits that PharmaMar offers to its employees
- Health insurance policy financed
- Canteen financed
- See more at https://pharmamar.com/human-resources/what-pharmamar-offers-to-its-employees/?lang=en
Please, if you are interested, you can sign up for this job offer at: